Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. is looking to hire a Senior Scientist, Oral Care Upstream Innovation R&D located in Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. develops and markets Oral Care, Wound Care, Womenâs Health and Skin Care products that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals and incorporate the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands LISTERINEÂ®, JOHNSONâS Baby and BAND-AIDÂ® Brand, as well as leading skin care brands such as AVEENOÂ® and CLEAN & CLEARÂ®.
The Senior Scientist will be responsible for conducting research directed toward discovery and development of new technologies in the Oral Healthcare Upstream Innovation R&D Group to support the long-term growth of the franchises. Identified technologies will be assessed using a combination of chemical and biological in-vitro models. Models will be developed by the scientist that are predictive of clinical outcomes and provide mechanistic insights. Compelling scientific data will be used to support proof of principle clinical assessments. The candidate will develop prototype formulations, work with cross functional colleagues to scale up and release materials for clinical assessment. Intellectual Property will be patented when feasible. Results of research will be communicated regularly internally to upper management and externally at external scientific conferences.
- Conducting literature and patent searches
- Organizing and assimilating results of literature searches
- Design of experiments
- Data acquisition, analysis, and interpretation
- Chemical and material characterization
- Development of measurement techniques and models
- Prototype formulation development for proof-of-concept studies
- Work in and leverage resources in a global, highly networked environment
- Work closely with internal R&D partners and external collaborators to define project objectives and timelines and execute projects
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree and 6 years of professional experience OR a Masters degree and 4 years of applied research experience OR a PhD with 2 years of applied research experience is required.
- A degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Biomedical Engineering or a related major is required.
- Candidates with strong chemistry background are preferred.
- Experience with physical and chemical instrumental methods (e.g. spectroscopy, chromatography, microscopy, zeta potential, etc) is required.
- Formulation development experience is preferred.
- Technical experience in the fields of surface chemistry, bio physical chemistry, bio analytical chemistry, polymer/material chemistry or colloid science are highly preferred.
- Candidates with previous experience working with external technology providers (e.g., suppliers, external manufacturers, incubators, inventors) OR previous product development experience in consumer or healthcare industry is highly preferred.
- A track record of presenting at external scientific conferences is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and solid presentation skills are required.
- The candidate must be able to work independently on multiple projects AND able to successfully partner and influence cross-functional team members required.
- Technical writing and publication is required.
- This position may require up to 10% domestic travel.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)
Click here for more info: https://jnjc.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=3240171024&lang=en
• Post ID: 48474002 jerseyshore