Position has responsibility for supervising and coordinating activities of employees delivering spa services, including salon, skin care, program coordination, reservations, reception desk, massage and locker room areas. Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction and achieving the operating budget.
Education and Experience
Must hold a Cosmetologist License and have three years experience .
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the spa, guest services, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Spa Operations and Budgets
• Assumes the responsibilities of the Spa Director in his/her absence.
• Ensures all employees have the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
• Manages supplies and equipment inventories within budget.
• Maintains cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and managing to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring and Delivering Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focusing on continuous improvement.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizing an “open door” policy and reviewing employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and providing feedback to individuals.
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Supports a Spa orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Supervises on-going training initiatives and conducting training when appropriate.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensuring employees do the same within the team.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Assists the Spa Director in managing the day-to-day operations of the spa as necessary.
Click here for more info: https://marriott.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=17001ALI&lang=en
• Post ID: 46087857 jerseyshore