Johnson and Johnson is hiring an IT Project Manager for its Enterprise Technical Corporate Services Group (ETCS). The position is based out of New Brunswick, NJ and will require 5% domestic travel.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- We are seeking a dynamic and an energetic individual with a strong technology project management background to deliver IT projects within the ETCS domains. He/she will play a practitioner role with responsibility for leading project teams, multi-functional strategic initiative(s), project managing with ownership and commitment, leading project teams consisting of both internal constituents and external consultants.
- You will be responsible for stakeholder partnerships, team leadership and relationship management, while exercising good communication and the ability to influence, with sound judgment.
- High level responsibilities include: Global program management, multi-functional team management, verifies scope and acceptance conditions; plans and specifies resources needed; coordination of project team, business, AS, GTS, 3rd party where applicable; Controls project execution, including vendor communications and manages finances, risks, scope changes, schedules and releases.
- This role will require 100% of program and project management work.
Program and Project Management including:
- You will be the single accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering a given strategic initiative.
- You ensure end-results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefits.
- This person directs large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and matrix partners.
- Accountable for one or more initiatives including business, operational, and IT deliverables.
- Directly manages all aspects of the project lifecycle and works with matrix IT partners to oversee all SDLC phases of a project.
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures.
- Develops communication plans and interfaces to execute on responsibilities.
- Serves as a domain expert in routinely briefing key partners on different aspects of assigned initiatives.
- Represents the project in various project governance and inter-department forums.
- Chairs weekly or bi-weekly Core team and monthly Operating Committee meetings to review progress with key constituents
- Defines and tracks project landmarks while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Develops the project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related project management artifacts
- Publishes periodic project status reports
- Proposes recommendations and adjustments
- Regularly updates project-related tools with relevant and accurate data, ensuring the most up-to-date project reporting information
- Conducts quality checks on business requirement documentation and analysis.
- Adheres to Change Management processes, governance frameworks, and best practices
- Assist in driving our online community of practice and cultivate collaboration across organizations.
- Ensure continuous improvement methodologies and standard methodologies are part of everyday work activities in support of the EPMO capabilities.
- Perform other ETCS work-related duties as assigned
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in Business, Management, or related field) required
- MBA or graduate degree in business related field highly preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience, inclusive of IT Project Management, preferably in systems development or support, and including program and project management roles in a complex business and systems environment is required.
- Deep global and complex program management experience chairing multiple work streams over $10MM is required.
- Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively is required.
- Sound business and technical acumen required.
- Experience with stakeholder management required.
- Focused and versatile teammate that is comfortable under pressure required.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with transparency and precision both written and verbally required.
- Strong presentation skills required.
- Ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives required.
- Demonstrated and applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects required.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills required.
- Exemplary core project management skills including multiple aspects of the PMBOK required.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management and SDLC methodologies and tools required.
- Agile and Waterfall project management experience highly preferred.
- Should have strong ability to Influence and the ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization preferred.
- PMP certification or other project management certification required
- Mergers & Acquisition experience is preferred
- Should have experience in working in a matrix environment--Ability to build and use effective working relationships within own department and across line, functional and geographic reporting lines preferred.
- Should have well-developed decision making and critical thinking- Knowledge of tools and techniques for effective use of a broad range of factors, assumptions, frameworks and perspectives when solving problems preferred.
- Should have experience in risk management--knowledge of process, tools and techniques for assessing and controlling an organization's exposure (assets, liabilities, reputation, etc.) preferred.
- Should have IT Systems Management knowledge - knowledge of the asset and process management practices, requirements, and support services for the IT function preferred.
- 10% domestic and international travel required
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson (6067)
IT Project Management
Click here for more info: https://jnjc.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=9607170901&lang=en
• Post ID: 53291322 jerseyshore